It seems that you can't turn the TV on or surf the net without seeing people running around screaming "We want Freedom!". Are they currently locked in a cage? And if they are in cage who is responsible for putting them there in the first place? Is it the governments they have slavishly acquiesced to for over 60+ years? Or maybe it's the US who has locked them down? After all when anything bad.happens it's always been safe to blame the US because the likely hood of getting your teeth smashed in is considerably less when bad mouthing someone like the US. It's definitely less risky than bad mouthing Iran. And speaking of Iran they seem to be in an awkward position at the moment. While the countries around them are having some political problems Iran has been busy arresting and killing anyone who might try to implement similar political changes in Iran. Of course they still have the old time tested strategy of blaming the US and Israel for all the trouble but that strategy is getting pretty thin.
Personally I think the responsible party for all of this unrest is the people themselves. The danger they face to today for fighting their governments is no more than it was 60+ years ago. So the question is why they let the situation continue for so long because of their inaction. Maybe they should have directed some of their passion into creating a better government and society for themselves instead of spending all their energy on their weekly "Death To America" rallies.
I hope it all works out for the people looking to change their government but I am very pessimistic about any real change happening. Until those fighting to remove their existing governments decide what they are going to replace it with the question will remain unanswered.
I find that most online forums and news commentaries fit into 3 main categories: "Lofty Academics",one-sided and heavily biased "Echo Chambers", and of course the "Troll" infested free for alls. I am reluctant to respond to other peoples online comments because it would take all of my time trying to avoid the inevitable flame wars. Instead I decided to start a blog to vent my frustrations as well as document my opinions on recent events. *I welcome any comments*
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment