There was a terrorist attack in Pakistan today perpetrated by the Taliban. The target was a UN food distribution center and 43 people were killed. What I would like to know is where are all of the self appointed guardians of human rights and anti-violence? I hear no outraged invectives or rightous anger in either print or video news reports concerning this incident. In comparision to the situation when Isreal attempted to board and search a ship in-bound for Gaza for weapons smuggling and were visciously attacked. It was a act of personal survival by the Isrealis who were left with no other alternative than to use deadly force and unfortunately 9 people were killed. Not 5 minutes after this incident there were shouts of outrage and condemnation hurled at Israel from around the world. Even before the facts of the attack were known. Countries recalled ambassadors and made grandiose statements about human rights and murder. Why is there not a similiar reaction for this deadly attack in Pakistan?
This is only the most recent event where innocent civilians were purposely targeted and those claiming to be defenders of human rights remain silent. Even without the direct bombings the Taliban ruthlessly subjugate, terrorize, and kill anyone who does not do what they say. And they proudly admit their actions to the world at large. This type of behavior leaves the Afghanistan and Pakistani general population living in terror and subjugation. Where are all of the condemnations from the self appointed guardians of justice and freedom? The same guardians that endlessly attack Israel for defending themselves from their belligerent neighbors or railing at the US non-stop for actually trying to stop the Taliban and their supporters?
Not to long ago I realized that I can not bring myself to really hate anyone. I do not hate Arabs or Muslims. Condemning or stereotyping a large group of people is never productive. Then one day I was reading through some blogs and forums that cover subjects such as the recent Wiki leaks, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Israel, and the US reactions to these subjects and I felt hate towards a group of people. The people who do nothing but complain and criticize the actions of those who are at least trying to address some of the problems the world faces today. I am particularly upset with those who have made it their goal in life to attack and discredit Israel 24/7. These people distort and out right lie when they criticize and condemn Israel. If the Arab countries surrounding Israel had not been so quick to attack Israel in 1948 we might not have the situation we have today. However, the fact is they did attack Israel in 1948, 1967, and 1973 and they lost. And now they want a "do over". Since their military incompetence has been on display for all to see they finally decided to fight Israel using vicious propaganda, outright lies, and threats. This propaganda campaign has been going on for 40+ years and the real truth of how this situation was created has been lost. I am neither a Jew or Zionist but I can honestly say that I would help to defend Israel if I was ever in a position to do so. My outrage and motivation has nothing to do with the plight of the "Palestinians". My hatred is pointed at the people using lies,biased propaganda, and the Palestinians themselves to defeat Israel. What I really hate is the idiocy these people display every time they open their mouths. This goes for the people on the street, naive student movements, and of course the pseudo intelligent academics who mangle the truth and present their version of reality the world at large.
So when we have these violent incidents from around the world and they are met with silence it just re-energizes my anger towards those who only decry injustice and horror when it suits their political world view. In particular this includes all of the anti-Israeli and frankly anti-western blowhards who have no problem with selective outrage.
No comments:
Post a Comment